Friday, August 5, 2011

If you open a Self Defence club (NOT MARTIAL ARTS!!!) and have created a grading syllabus,?

based on what you are teaching, who signs off on it or recognizes it i.e a Governing Body? I have seen many Self Defence club websites pushing their own grading syllabus. If they are not recognized by anyone then are they kosher grades. I have trained in various Martial Arts since 1984 and my jobs have put me in positions where I have had to use it. I know what works and what doesn't and I am just throwing some ideas around for my own club. Please note: If you are answering this question it is Self Defence NOT MARTIAL ARTS please do not preach to me about traditional martial arts and how you have to be a 4th or 5th dan to teach and have at least ten years training behind you (a 5th dan who has never had a real fight could not possibly teach self defence as he would have no concept of what a real fight is actually like regardless of rank but I admit he could teach the style he trains in). As I said I have been training for over 20 yrs and use what I train in, often because of my job. I am not teaching kata or traditional stuff, just what I know works in reality. Any thoughts would be welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment