Monday, August 8, 2011

1996 bwm 328is wont crank over?

I have a 96 bmw 328is, i went to have the windows tinted the other day. I didn't go get my car til 2 days later, when i did the car didnt turn over, lights, windows dash mirrors all work. I checked battery it was good, checked wires good, checked ignition switch good, ran a wire to the starter to the battery, car cranks but no fire key was in start position. I checked fuses good, not sure on relays though, also when i turn the key i hear the fuel pump and one tick. I have been working on this for a while now. Would the starter be bad even if it cranks with the wire, or could it be my tumbler because sometimes not all the time it turns all the way around, to where ill lock my steering wheel pull key out and put key back in unlock steering and it would crank but thats been serveral monthes ago. Please help i need to get my car back on the road. Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment