Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Would you continue cheerleading if this happened to you?

Okay, so I am a freshman in high school. In eighth grade, I tried out for my high school's JV cheerleading team for the first time. I was put as a front and I was never given a chance to be a base or anything. I used to be frowney at the beginning, but ultimatey, I became a sign- holder for the cheer and became the best smiler. I was constantly praised by the coordinator because of my efforts of smiling even when I didn't have to. My school's team's coach is the son of my middle school team's coach and i was never on my middle schools teams, but two of my friends were and they were immediately let on the team, even months after, and they didnt try out. Two days ago, the first day of tryouts, we performed a dance in frontof everyone that we were taught and i was cheered on by everyone in the room and my coordinator once again praised me. The next day, I also dd the best according to everyone and I always remembered to smile, like a true cheerleader. Two incoming freshman from my middle school and good and they made it ultimately to Varsity and my two friends from last year made JV. I was so dissapointed to learn I only made an alternate. ( which is if someone on JV gets hurt, I fill in for them ) I think this sucks. I kind of want to become strong, toned, and an ultimate tumbler to make my coach highly regret assigning me this position, but also, idk if i should even accept being an alternate. My mom says its an insult. What should I do?

No comments:

Post a Comment