Wednesday, August 3, 2011

I fell while doing a RO BHS tuck and now I have a mental block when I'm doing a simple back handspring. Help!?

I learned to tumble as a gymnast from a great gym and I have extremely sound basics. When I went to high school I started cheering and to save money for a little while I went to a cheaper gym that's smaller and doesn't have great instruction. I still had all my tumbling and a roundoff back handspring tuck was easy because I had plenty of power and had been taught decent form. For some reason after my round off I just bailed out and landed on my back. Before I knew it the whole gym was around me freaking out even though I was physically fine. Ever since then I've been terrified to do and running tumbling, even a simple back handspring. I've finally gotten to the point where I can do RO one BHS but if I even think about doing multiples or tucks or layouts I freak out again and can't do anything. I think my power scares me a little bit. I'm back at the cheer gym I learned to tumble at and it's helped some but I'm terrified I'll never be the same tumbler I once was. I've got tryouts for my squad and was hoping to be on the all states squad this year so I NEED to get my "mojo" back in my tumbling. Please give me some suggestions on how to get over my mental block! And just "not thinking about it" isn't an option. I over analyze everything and I can't help it.

No comments:

Post a Comment